Any Soft Wood Douglas Fir in Hudson Valley NY Area? Got sticker shock online!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ocelot

Burning Hunk
Dec 27, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
last year I had some Hot Shots Douglas Fir and loved the tiny amount of ash and the great heat they put out. I was gonna try spending a little more for next winter and buy Douglas Fir, but the only ones I can find are Clean Fire Douglas Fir from woodpellets.com and they are freaking $409 per ton + delivery Holy COW!.
Normally, my only real options around here are Home Depot, Lowes, or TCS (which doesn't deliver) and those $249 per ton, minus a 10% veterans discount at Lowes. Those big Box stores is what I've used for 10 years, but the quality varies so much year to year $409 per ton online though is over 60% more which is crazy expensive.

You are paying for transportation from the west coast
going to cost a lot more.
Doug fir never seem to get any closer to me than Toronto
and they want an arm a leg and you're firstborn.
Think I will stick with Cubix