Any tricks for wiring eko

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemer

Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Northeast Pa
Would like to know how you guy's are getting you wires to your control box.I don't see any ports or knock outs on my eko 60.My brother had to drill and I thought that was strange

I ran a piece of Romex up alongside the power cord that comes out the back. Wired them both into a box that I attached to the back panel with sheet metal screws. Here's a pic. It's that box on the left just under the black low-water cut-off switch.

Attachments

• readytoroll2.jpg
    readytoroll2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 397
How did you feed your thermostat wire into the top .

You mean the connection to the house thermostat? I don't use that feature. But if I did, I'd snake it up the same path as the power cord from the controller.

If you're talking about the thermostat wire in the picture, it's hooked up to the aquastat on the return line. It runs a three-way zone valve.

I have a passel of wires running into my controller housing - sensors, relay controls, and so on. I snaked them up the side of the boiler right against the water jacket on the side opposite the line cord. I figure it won't be above about 200 degrees, and the wires can handle that.

I used the black (1" diameter) plug on the top of the jacket, it was a shorter path to snake everything.

Hi Eric,
Just a quick question here... Why didn't you use that really nice steel pallet your EKO was shipped on as a base for the boiler?

Status
Not open for further replies.