Anybody own a Scan woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokingtundra

Sep 5, 2008
North of Canada
Hello all,

I just got my Scan 5-2 woodstove installed, and wondering if there are any other Scan owners out there? There are a few vents and such on the stove that i’m not sure what are for.

The instruction manual leaves much to be desired, and is obviously a rough translation to english.

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Nice looking stove. Do you have any shots of the installation?

Before I found my craigslist special I was considering buying one. Great looking stove.
I'm curious how much heat it puts out.

I have a DSA-4 and love it! Of course it's the only stove I 've ever owned so can't compare with others. Most can't believe it's wood when they see it. Keeps my 1200 sq. ft home warm except the back bedrooms. Aslo keeps the utility bills down about $150-$200 a month compared to the ceiling heat I had before.

BeGreen,

I'll put up a picture as soon as the install is complete. I think the last thing to do is somehow slide our painted sheetmetal pad under the stove (corner install) without scratching the paint. So far we love it, get a nice going fire and close the vents, the blue flames dance around in the upper firebox. Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.