ANYONE BURNING CUBEX

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOGG0494

Feb 18, 2015
hidson valley,new york
i am 10 bags in to the ton i purchased to test this year,highest heat i have seen from over 8 premium brands so far,but the ash is out of control.my harman XXV ash pan has to be emptied every 2 days.most other pellets i empty it once a week during cleaning and it still isn't full

I'm burning them now and find the ash is next to nothing compared to what I was burning before them. But then again i've been burning soft wood all winter as that's all I could find around here. But with the daily -20C temps I needed extra heat from the soft woods

Same thing here. The heat is incredible but I'm 3/4 of a ton into burning them and the ash pan fills up all the way to the top after 3-5 days in my P68. Burned Barefoots, LG's, and a few others so far this year and the Cubex put out the best heat but by far the most ash. Not even close.

I am 2 days into a 6-bag test on these, so far the heat is good, maybe even a little better than my OK Platinums. Can't comment on the ash yet. Problem for me is I can't get 24 hours on 2 bags - which I can on the 4 others I've burned.

i got a small amount more heat out of the cubex vs the okie platniums.392 vs 390 degrees but the ash is 3x the amount on cubex.okie platniums cost me $329 a ton cubex $279.at 6 tons a year i will vacum more to save the bucks.
let me know how your ash test turns out.thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.