Anyone has experience with HomeSaver UltraPro Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ba_jie

Oct 8, 2008
Is it of good quality? is it flexible enough to reshape and go through damper openning?

jie said:
Is it of good quality? is it flexible enough to reshape and go through damper openning?

I don't know about their product but ours can go from round to oval and back to round...

That sounds interesting. Too bad i already bought the pipe which probably is z-flex.
Magnaflex, do you think z-flex is comparable to magnaflex? I find i can bend the pipe to make it oval size, but the other way around is much harder, almost need some special tool to do the job.

MagnaFlex said:
jie said:

I don't know about their product but ours can go from round to oval and back to round...

Any of the single wall liner can be ovaled and then rounded back out. Just smack it with your hands on both sides of the oval until it is round again.

Why the Ultrapro question if you have Z-Flex? UltraPro is as good as single wall flex pipe gets.

I had a Homesaver pro liner installed this summer it is slightly thicker liner .006 vs .005 and I am very happy with the liner. They told me this the only liner they install and swear by it. At first I wasnt sure if it was strong enough but after standing on the liner it passed the test. Try not to ovalize the liner, I suggested to the installers and they said no way. They knock the damper out in 10 mins and installed 22 ft. in my chimney and hooked it up directly to a tcap. and into the stove. No bends or elbows and it draws really well.

Jotul oslo

I use ultra-pro on all my jobs with 100% success, great value and quality.

Defiant said:
I use ultra-pro on all my jobs with 100% success, great value and quality.

Sooty Bob said to watch your mailbox. The present is on the way. :lol:

I didn't know that differnt liners has so many subtle difference before i bought the liner. After bought it, i did some search on this forum and found that i may have rushed.
I guess i just wanted to know if Z-flex is a decent liner, not likely will fail after couple of years.

I almost feel this forum gave me too much information :)

BrotherBart said:
Any of the single wall liner can be ovaled and then rounded back out. Just smack it with your hands on both sides of the oval until it is round again.

Why the Ultrapro question if you have Z-Flex? UltraPro is as good as single wall flex pipe gets.

pauljam said:
I had a Homesaver pro liner installed this summer it is slightly thicker liner .006 vs .005 and I am very happy with the liner. They told me this the only liner they install and swear by it. At first I wasnt sure if it was strong enough but after standing on the liner it passed the test.

For clarification, I have a .005 TCE liner and a .005 Simpson DuraFlex liner and did the stand on it test with both of them with no crushing. Not that I was worried about anybody standing sideways on them after they were installed. :coolsmirk:

But our local guys swear by UltraPro too.

jie said:
I didn't know that differnt liners has so many subtle difference before i bought the liner. After bought it, i did some search on this forum and found that i may have rushed.
I guess i just wanted to know if Z-flex is a decent liner, not likely will fail after couple of years.

I almost feel this forum gave me too much information :)

The Z-Flex liner will be just fine. Novaflex makes good stuff. But it is best to cut out a place in the damper frame for the liner rather that oval it.

Status
Not open for further replies.