Anyone have access to a rebuild sheet for early VC Vigilant wood stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rwh63

Feeling the Heat
Nov 12, 2019
MA
encouraging someone to take on a rebuild. overall pretty easy stoves being non-cat, mostly single wall. be nice if they have a step by step direction sheet with material list. thx.

thx. i reached out to my local dealer to see if they have an archive available.

encouraging someone to take on a rebuild. overall pretty easy stoves being non-cat, mostly single wall. be nice if they have a step by step direction sheet with material list. thx.
Depends on the model. Some are fairly easy, some complex. Be prepared to grind off hardware, drill and tap holes if they won't loosen.
Google search "Vermont Casting parts breakdown" and click images. Chose the model being rebuilt to see what has to come apart.
I personally like Rutland Stove and Gasket Cement in a tube for joints, but you can use Imperial in a tub if that's all you can find locally. Not difficult, just time consuming.
Step by step directions are like taking something apart on a rusted car when the directions are for a vehicle that was just put together. You have to do what you have to do, and sometimes not get a piece apart that you would like to.

my dealer sent me a pdf that has a complete parts list and procedure breakdown. i forwarded it to this person, and printed out a copy for myself. Entitled: "Vigilant Top to bottom and back again".

my dealer sent me a pdf that has a complete parts list and procedure breakdown. i forwarded it to this person, and printed out a copy for myself. Entitled: "Vigilant Top to bottom and back again".
Can you post the pdf here?

Could you post a copy of this for future reference?

File is now attached to Vigilant rebuild thread in Stickies.

Reactions: DAKSY