Anyone have dimensions for propane tanks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofossil

Moderator Emeritus
Anyone have dimensions for propane tanks? I have several people interested in gasifier / storage systems and I'd love to have dimensions for the more common propane tanks for feasibility discussions. Neither I nor any of my neighbors have any to measure. I could sneak up in the dark of night and measure tanks belonging to strangers, but it would be hard to explain if I were caught in the act. Not to mention the risks of stepping on skunks, poison ivy, and other nocturnal hazards.

Any data would be appreciated - thanks.

nofossil said:
I could sneak up in the dark of night and measure tanks belonging to strangers, but it would be hard to explain if I were caught in the act.

I love the image- Nofossil, the Ninja of sustainable-tech-investigations

Older tanks may have a smaller diameter and be longer. My 1000 gal is about 36" diameter and 19' long.

I guess I will have to take my door off between my garage and basement, take out some drywall and studs to get my 500 gal LP in. It's amazing one project turns into many. When will I stop this self inflected abuse to myself.

Rob

pybyr said:
nofossil said:
I could sneak up in the dark of night and measure tanks belonging to strangers, but it would be hard to explain if I were caught in the act.

I love the image- Nofossil, the Ninja of sustainable-tech-investigations

HA HA I can see the headlines now "peeping tom caught in vermont"
"Carrying a pencil and a tape measure"
LOL......

Status
Not open for further replies.