Anyone have experience with a Napoleon Pellet insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kh395269

Mar 27, 2008
CT
HI, I recently purchase a Napoleon pellet insert (NPI-40). I'm having a really hard time finding any reviews on the product and am looking for people's feelings towards it who have experience with. Does it work well? Is it easy to clean? Is it loud/quiet? Do you think you made the right purchase? It has not yet arrived at my home. I'm just hoping I made the correct decision. I'm planning on heating as much of a 1956 ranch with this as I can. The insert will be placed in my living room fireplace. My house is currently 1622 sq ft, but will soon be expanded to 1850. I live in the Northeast. Unfortunately, it is not a real open floor plan. Any comments/advice appreciated. This is the first stove I have ever owned. Thanks, Kim

Attachments

• napoleon insert.jpg
    napoleon insert.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 561
i cannot help you as im not familiar with the unit in that respect however im bumping it back to the top , with the suggestion you move or one of the moderators move your post to the pellet room where it should see more traffic

I own a napoleon wood stove, I almost bought the Napoleon Pellet stove which is very similar to the insert. The main reason I did not is that this is the first year Napoleon has made a pellet stove. to me it would have been like buying the first year of a car model which I would never do this way the bugs will get worked out and wait for the second or third generation.

I am not saying its a bad product I have had pretty good luck with my wood stove by them. the only problem I had with my Napoleon was the door handle.

Shawn

I know Napoleon did have some issues with their older pellet stoves. I can not tell you exactly what. I do know they have redone the current pellet stove so I hope you did get one of the newest models. Eric

If your house is well insulated and your doors and windows don't leak, I think you'll be fine.

I have an Enviro insert myself, but haven't heard much negative or positive things about Napoleon stoves, which could be a good thing.

With your ranch, you may need some small muffin fans to move the cold air to the stove.

In these forums I've found that you can get excellent tips and information.

Thanks for all of the replies. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I made the right decision and I am finding alot of helpful information on this site. The other stove I was considering for the price was a Breckwell P23 insert. Thanks, Kim

i think your biggest problem will be customer service depending on were you purchased it from. ive been running the stove all season and once all the bugs were worked out ive had no problems with it. as far as heating goes, it heats my basemet and 1st floor but i have to keep it on high pretty much all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.