Anyone have the Circulation blower for Isle Royale?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karri0n

Nov 18, 2008
Eastern CT
I was looking on Quadra-Fire's website, and I see that they have a blower available for my stove. I am wondering if anyone has it, or if anyone has one of the built in blowers on another large stove. Are these generally worth the price? I currently use a small electric fan that blows across the top of the stove to circulate air into the adjoining rooms.

Yep, I got it. I only use it on the very coldest of days when I really have the IR cranking hard. Other than that, I find its kinda noisy. It is a squirrel cage fan on a variable speed control. I also use a temp switch so that the fan only turns on when the stove is hot and it shuts off if the stove cools. Its called a stove stat if you are interested.

You know the ballpark price range for the blower?

karri0n said:
You know the ballpark price range for the blower?

Not really, it came with the stove when I bought it several years ago. It wouldn't surprise me if it were around 100 bean pods though.

It is useful for moving heat away from the stove, but like I said, I only use it during the heavy heat loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.