Anyone here have a blower on their Oslo?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanko

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
livingstion co, Michigan
Just wondering if its an advantage or not worth the money

Im pretty sure you need the rear heat shield for the blower to work properly, but I could be wrong. It's just a small fan the hangs in the back behind the heat shield. I was told a small fan from any store would do just as good of a job.

I have the rear heat shield, thanks

I have a pedestal fan about 12' back and aimed right at the stove, and it pushes the heat very nicely. The kitchen is two rooms away and it is never more than 3 or 4 degrees cooler than the stove area.

When I bought this stove, I never even knew there was a blower option...the dealer never mentioned it.

Im not sure either, Im checking it out right now.

There is the option. Might be a waste of money though.

The wife found a small floor fan that I have sitting behind it rightnow, seems to be working, done deal thanks

When I bought my Oslo I asked the dealer about the blower and he basically said I could buy one and he would be happy to sell it to me as it would mean more money in his pocket, but he also said a) few of his customers purchase this option and b) if I wanted to add a blower at a later time I could easily do so.

That said, I opted to not buy the blower . . . and have not needed it and will not purchase it. I do however use a floor fan positioned in the doorway to the living room where the stove is . . . much cheaper and it moves the air around like a charm.

I suspect you'll find most Oslo owners do not have a blower . . . and many do not regret the fact.

Did not buy one - have a fan on the floor in the doorway pushing cold in.

I saw and (barely) heard one in operation. I was astounded at how little noise it made. I believe the fan is incorporated in a heat shield, which is to say that if you buy the fan you also get the heatshield.

I did not buy one either as I have a 60" ceiling fan just six or eight feet away. But if you are buying the heat shield anyway, and need a fan of some kind, the factory fan option is a very impressive way to go.

You need the heat shield, but the fan is not bundled with it - you need to buy both.

I am considering putting one on my F 400 Castine as I have a hearth mount stove partially inside the old fireplace. I don't really need it, but I think it would be another way to get more air circulation. How much do these go for and where do you buy them?

cycloxer said:
I am considering putting one on my F 400 Castine as I have a hearth mount stove partially inside the old fireplace. I don't really need it, but I think it would be another way to get more air circulation. How much do these go for and where do you buy them?

I cannot remember how much they were . . . for some reason I was thinking they were $150 or so . . . but don't hold me to it. You can purchase them through the local Jotul dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.