Anyone in Western PA need a Drolet Heat Commander EPA Wood Furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Laurel-Mountain

Mar 19, 2022
Laurel Highlands, PA
Hey guys. I wanted to ask around to see if anyone anyone in Somerset, PA area is on the hunt for a Drolet Heat Commander? We bought it last year and had it installed in our A frame house. It’s an awesome wood furnace. I mean honestly. It’s spectacular. But it’s way too big for our house. We spent the entire winter on the top of Laurel Mountain sweating. Our house really isn’t a good candidate for a wood furnace like this. Our whole house has a very open floor plan with only 3 vents in the whole house going to the upper level. The furnace is located in our walkout basement.

Anyway, we’re having our chimney re-done this year and we have decided to dump the Drolet Heat Commander. It’s just too big for our house. We’re going to replace it with a Regency wood burner that will be a much better fit for our house. The new wood burner has already been ordered. I need to get rid of the Drolet by May. I’ve tried to put some ads online for it. But doesn’t seem like anyone wants it.

It’s a new furnace. It’s only been burned in for the 2021-2022 heating season. It’s in great condition. I’ve been asking $3,000 for it. Drolet want’s $5k for it now on their website plus freight charges of $500. I’m just wondering if anyone on the forms might be in the market for a new Drolet Heat Commander? I’ve got to dump it by May. And I’m afraid I might be stuck with it. I bought it in July of 2021.

FYI - I posted this by accident in the wrong form category and I couldn’t delete the other one… This should be in this form category for furnaces.

CC8D87F9-8AA2-46A1-B017-548FE10982C1.png B8FA1C53-D894-45F1-91F3-AECF76720571.jpeg 61186B14-0869-4F8E-BCBD-53C5872A9AF1.jpeg 30277AB1-F34C-41A1-B384-6BC942BCC5F4.jpeg 26EA2DB3-376E-4BD9-9552-88E99464D807.jpeg 5B7FB18E-4AC3-452C-9AB7-F686CD4CEE03.jpeg AD65608F-3146-43BD-95A6-A07EDE2CCD0E.jpeg 3BB997BF-920A-471C-A4F6-9E2A01035554.jpeg

Drolet want’s $5k for it now on their website plus freight charges of $500.
Where do you see this price? This is what I have found...and MFP is basically their factory store.

Going to be a hard sell for that price. Especially now with the 26% tax credit on both the burner and install when buying new.

I just looked and now it says $3,999 on the Drolet website. I must have been in CAD or something when I looked last. Because I swear I saw $4,999.
If you sell it for <$2500 it will likely sell faster. You probably paid close to that a year ago. I got mine for $2600 shipped last September (2021).

If you sell it for <$2500 it will likely sell faster. You probably paid close to that a year ago. I got mine for $2600 shipped last September (2021).
I think it must have sold...there was an ad on FBMP for it...but that's long gone.
And they haven't logged back in here since 3/25...

Hey guys. I wanted to ask around to see if anyone anyone in Somerset, PA area is on the hunt for a Drolet Heat Commander? We bought it last year and had it installed in our A frame house. It’s an awesome wood furnace. I mean honestly. It’s spectacular. But it’s way too big for our house. We spent the entire winter on the top of Laurel Mountain sweating. Our house really isn’t a good candidate for a wood furnace like this. Our whole house has a very open floor plan with only 3 vents in the whole house going to the upper level. The furnace is located in our walkout basement.

Anyway, we’re having our chimney re-done this year and we have decided to dump the Drolet Heat Commander. It’s just too big for our house. We’re going to replace it with a Regency wood burner that will be a much better fit for our house. The new wood burner has already been ordered. I need to get rid of the Drolet by May. I’ve tried to put some ads online for it. But doesn’t seem like anyone wants it.

It’s a new furnace. It’s only been burned in for the 2021-2022 heating season. It’s in great condition. I’ve been asking $3,000 for it. Drolet want’s $5k for it now on their website plus freight charges of $500. I’m just wondering if anyone on the forms might be in the market for a new Drolet Heat Commander? I’ve got to dump it by May. And I’m afraid I might be stuck with it. I bought it in July of 2021.

FYI - I posted this by accident in the wrong form category and I couldn’t delete the other one… This should be in this form category for furnaces.

View attachment 293714 View attachment 293715 View attachment 293716 View attachment 293717 View attachment 293718 View attachment 293719 View attachment 293720 View attachment 293721
have you sold this yet?

have you sold this yet?
That user has not logged in here for almost a year now...I'm saying they sold it and moved on...there was one for sale on FBMP in PA up until recently...don't see it now...better off ordering new anyways, might could get the tax credit, price is not much different anyways (on sale now too) full warranty, and free shipping to your door! https://myfireplaceproducts.com/us_en/heat-commander-wood-furnace-df02003 This is basically the SBI company store.
Or, go with the best https://www.lamppakuuma.com/

Last edited: