Anyone order pellets at this site?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guess I've been lucky, every time I call I always got someone on the phone....
today I received a letter from them thanking me for the purchase and that "soon" someone from the "delivery team" will be contacting me.

the woman I spoke to a couple days ago said delivery is about 3rd/4th week in June......even though she had indicated last week that If I bought pellets from them they would delivery "whenever you want, tomorrow, next week et etc".......I think that was a strategy just so I buy....

anyways, I'm not too worry, paid 3 tons and will be patiently waiting....:)

geek said:
today I received a letter from them thanking me for the purchase and that "soon" someone from the "delivery team" will be contacting me.

I was just going through my mail, it looks like I just received the same letter. Please post if/when you hear from them, I'll do the same.

Anyone else have any contact with these folks? Expected delivery dates???

BTW, last time I talked to Steve he mentioned he expects to do over 23,000 tons this year. Maybe I heard him wrong, but this number seems very high to me. Even if it was 2300 tons, I'd still expect to see more of his customers posting here...

Haven't gotten a letter yet but they returned a phone message I left them. left me a message on two numbers I left them. I ordered 7 tons and 5 more for my brother in law. She said they will be sending a letter about delivery.

So... did anyone get these delivered yet??? How did they arrived? all wrapped up and stuff? I'm thinking of giving them a call and ordering 3 tons.

I emailed them and they replied a guy would call me a day prior to delivery......still waiting......

Has anyone actually"received" their pellets from this place yet?

Because of the high demand of people ordering stoves and pellets
it is driving up the prices out of control, how can this business still
hold their prices near $200.00 a ton?

Just curious.....

I ordered a trailer load (group buy with a few other local folks) in mid-May. No letter yet, but also haven't been charged yet on my credit card. Have had email contact with Steve as well as calls from the office when I've left a message. Steve assured me my order was good and he personally handles the full loads (separate process from x tons per customer). No delivery date as of yet

Waiting in NJ

Has anyone tried "Warm Front" Pellets from NEP, they are suppose to come from their NY plant. I was wondering if they are the same pellets that the original posts is asking about, because they also come from the NY plant. They are hardwood and less then 1% ash.
Thanks for the info in advance
Krissy

well with the numbers showing up at Pelletsales.com of 280, for pickup only right now I went ahead and placed an order here.

I hope everything works out!!!!
I tried calling - no answer - I tried emailing - no reply.

Going through paypal though should be fine, since I'm protected - also using a credit card - and fraud if they don't deliver; but i really hope they do.

This is beginning to sound a lot like trading for OIL FUTURES.

Prices appear to be rising steadily as demand increases and buyers get worried and want to lock in a price.

I wonder if there is a point after all of the "early bird" purchases are done, that the prices will begin to head down again as demand slows.

Will next year's "early bird" specials start in Jan. or Feb.?

I think any escalation in the price of pellets is probably more a result of the price of diesel. higher raw material cost for the pellet plant and higher cost to deliver.

ok... I'd officially stay WAY clear of this place.
So I fire off an email the other week - to check on service in my area. Hear nothing. I then decide, I'll send a paypal payment to lock in the rate and figure it out after - on Monday. Tuesday I receive an email saying I'm not in their service area. Ok fine, I reply to the email please refund my payment; as well as call them asking them to do the same - citing my name and the paypal reference number.

Nothing, no reply, nada. I've called and left a message with them once a day since Tuesday. Still no returned payment to my CC statement. No communication at all. And I'm about ready to call up my credit card company and cancel the payment.

And I'm totally aggravated at this seller and would highly advise anyone to stay CLEAR of them.

true, but I could of sworn I heard of someone getting them to deliver up this way.
I wish I could find it. but then again it's my fault for trusting what I read with out doing due-diligence.

kilarney said:
Still... the lack of a refund is disturbing.

The lack of communication is disturbing too.

They may be legit, but IMHO I would be leary of purchasing
anything from any company that uses generic paypal and has
a hit and miss customer service with potential customers.

I agree. It sounds like this business would be well served by improving their customer relations. I wish them well, but they've got to make a few changes.

ducker said:
So I fire off an email the other week - to check on service in my area. Hear nothing. I then decide, I'll send a paypal payment to lock in the rate and figure it out after - on Monday. Tuesday I receive an email saying I'm not in their service area. Ok fine, I reply to the email please refund my payment; as well as call them asking them to do the same - citing my name and the paypal reference number.

Nothing, no reply, nada. I've called and left a message with them once a day since Tuesday. Still no returned payment to my CC statement. No communication at all. And I'm about ready to call up my credit card company and cancel the payment.

And I'm totally aggravated at this seller and would highly advise anyone to stay CLEAR of them.

Any update???

I prepaid for 5 tons last month and other than a generic letter, I haven't heard a thing from these guys. Has anyone received anything or even heard from them?????????

It's bad enough if I get screwed by these guys, it's even worse if I have to pay out the azz months from now because there are no pellets on the market...

Sort of... I haven't talked to a person yet, but someone finally called me back and left me a message stating that they did issue a refund and that I should take it up with Paypal. Well after waiting on hold with paypal for 20min, I find out that there is no refund in process.

I called then back, again, and left them another message saying they are not correct - and they have not issued a refund.

On top of that office phone number listed on their website and that paypal has as their customer support line does NOT have voice mail enabled, so You can not leave a message. So I have paypal telling me to contact seller, and I have the seller saying (via a voice mail left on my cell phone at like 6:30am) that they have already refunded the payment.

Wet1 said:
ducker said:

Any update???

I prepaid for 5 tons last month and other than a generic letter, I haven't heard a thing from these guys. Has anyone received anything or even heard from them?????????

It's bad enough if I get screwed by these guys, it's even worse if I have to pay out the azz months from now because there are no pellets on the market...

let us pray to the Lord.......

kilarney,
When I placed my order I talked directly to Steve. He told me it would be no problem delivering to the CT shoreline. I talked to Jan before that and she also said they would deliver to my area. A couple weeks after paying (via CC), I received a receipt and a letter saying they would be contacting me for delivery. If they weren't willing to deliver to my area, I would have thought they would have said something by now. OTOH, I was told (after repeated calls to them) they would be delivering pellets starting June 1, then the second week of June, then the third week of June... I'm not sure what their intentions are, but I will agree they have some very serious customer service issues!

Oh and geek, I'm not so sure that's going to help much. ;-)

well, you know.......:)

I sent them 2 emails asking for a delivery date and that I was told 2nd week of June..... no responses yet......

who was the guy that mention he has a friend who knew this company and the owner, I forgot......I thought it was you Wet1.....maybe I'm wrong, will check first pages of this thread, it's there somewhere......

Status
Not open for further replies.