Anyone seen one of these operating

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Clydeburner

Nov 12, 2015
NNJ
Woodmaster cleanfire....
I've been searching reviews for an OWB and Woodmaster's clean fire came up, seems to be a descent system design. There are no owner reviews anywhere so I'm wondering if there may be someone on here that's seen one operating or has one of these boiler that could chime in with their findings

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171125-211654.png
    Screenshot_20171125-211654.png
    79.5 KB · Views: 217
I can’t help you out, but strange story. There are several non compliant woodmaster 4400 series boilers in our area as there is a dealer 20 miles away, my coworkers unit about 8 years old developed a leak in the steel firebox. He was contemplating a upgrade to the clean fire after seeing several promising videos, upon calling his dealer who has them sitting outside, the dealers response was that he wouldn’t want one and would rather sell him a new style 4400, remove the serial number from the new one affix it to the old one so it could be sold to some one else as compliant. Then tell him the tag was missing from the new one and he’d get another one for it! Oh, and the reason you wouldn’t want a clean fire is that you might have to load it more often!
You can’t make this stuff up, and the moron representing woodmaster!

That's crazy a dealer would go out and say things like that. I work in the HVAC field and will explain the benefits or lack there of of certain equipment, but nothing to that extreme. I'd still like to see real word experiences with its operation. I like the fact it supposed to modulate and it is a pressure system making it easy to tie into exsisting hydro systems keeping oxygen out preventing the inevitable rot out, the ASME stamp is an added bonus...time will tell I guess.