Anyone use a digital Catalyst monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
many people including myself use the auber AT 100 as a cat or flue probe. works good.. haven't had any issues..
AT200 has alarms I think? Alarms are really a nice back up and lead to less baby sitting the temps. Highly recommended.
Evan

Reactions: Hydrant
What they said to both

Reactions: Hydrant
How on earth did people ever manage to avoid freezing death AND burning their houses down before we had digital catalyst probes with alarms? How hard is it to pay attention to the giant box of fire in your house?

:rolleyes:

Reactions: johneh
How on earth did people ever manage to avoid freezing death AND burning their houses down before we had digital catalyst probes with alarms? How hard is it to pay attention to the giant box of fire in your house?

:rolleyes:

in many stoves you cant see the cat. Its not about looking at the stove. Try running your oven with no way to set the temperature and well give you a bimetal thermometer that just says active on it which in inaccurate.. then tell me that your oven is at a certain temperature.. can you look at your oven and tell me when your at 500 degrees or when your oven just randomly jumps up 200 degrees.. The cat is usually obscured.. in my stove the cat is behind an access cover you cant see if its lit. if it stalled.. or if its going nuclear on you.. there were times I thought my cat was lit and was not.. there are times when my cat will want to get over 1500 degrees which is a bad thing.. Obviously.. you don't have a cat stove... My STT my be 350 degrees while my cats approaching 1400 degrees...

Reactions: Hydrant and Diabel
I’ve used my cat stove for 3 years without anything fancy. It’s not
About needing anything and just a cool little toy for an enthusiast to monitor his toy more accurately.
Thanks so much for the replies. I’ve got an order to make!

Reactions: stoveliker