anyone with info. on a lange 6302A help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j.j.delc

Mar 11, 2016
NJ
I'm trying to find an owners or repair manual for my lang 6302A. One specific question I need the answer to is when I disassembled the stove, inside the firebox on the bottom was a plate, under the plate were fine particulates that looked to me like there may have been fire bricks that deteriorated over time. My question is, was there bricks under the bottom plate or some sort of granular version of an insulating material? Or was it just ash that packed under there for years? It didn't look like ash. If I remember correctly it looked kinda like sand. Any help is appreciated.

Might have been dissolved mineral wool. That's what our 602 had under its bottom plate. I think you could replace it with some 1/2" or 1" kaowool and be fine.

Thanks for responding so quickly, I'm hoping to find a manual or something that could tell me for sure.
is that what it is for? Insulation so it doesn't get too hot on the bottom?

Yes, and it keeps the coals hotter. Kaowool is ceramic wool insulation. It will take the heat.

I found a blown up schematic on woodmans with the help of their staff, unfortunately it didn't show anything under the bottom plate. I'm going to keep on it to try and find out for sure but it couldn't possibility hurt the stove to use kaowool could it? Is there a down side?

I don't see a downside to using kaowool. It's used in many modern stoves as a baffle insulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.