Appliance adapter and stove pipe questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
I bought some Simpson double wall stove pipe pieces and purchased the DVL adapter which the Simpson manual says can be used as a stove adapter. The pipes came in yesterday and they mis-shipped the adapter and gave me one with a damper(no biggie since they didn't charge me). The problem I have is the DVL adapter has a very poor fit to the flue collar. The stoves flue collar has a 6" ID and 6 5/8 OD, the DVL adapter has a 5 5/8" ID and 7" OD. I guess I should have measured before ordering! :lol:

Does anyone know if a DVL adapter is required for the Endeavor when using the Simpson DVL Pipe? It was 12 last night when I was messing with it so I didn't check to see how the pipe by itself would fit to the flue collar, I plan to check that tonight with a clear head and fresh eyes.

Also do I need another adapter to connect the DVL stove pipe to the flex liner tee snout? I waiting for the liner so I don't have it to check it against at this point.

Picture of the DVL adapter attached for reference....

TIA

Attachments

• Appliance adapter and stove pipe questions
    DVL Adapter.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 384
Bueller.......Bueller....

I hate that adapter. I'm trying to get rid of mine now. Not sure if it fits your Lopi but it won't fit the hearthstone heritage.

Highbeam said:
I hate that adapter. I'm trying to get rid of mine now. Not sure if it fits your Lopi but it won't fit the hearthstone heritage.

It does not appear to fit my Lopi, I hate it also! :lol: I ordered it without the damper so I'll be returning this one.

How does the pipe connect to your heritage? I have to look closer but I think the DVL pipe will fit the collar without any adapter.

Bump for the morning crew....

I have this damper the inner crimp goes inside the flue collar the outer sits above my stove top by 3/4-1" i did put some cement on the crimp just for good measure. Feels solid to me.

John

learnin to burn said:
This is the DVL catalog it gives measurements for ID and OD on the pipe. If the DVL slips all the way down over your collar I think it should work.

http://www.duravent.com/pdf/catalogs/dvl_durablack09.pdf

I downloaded the PDF already, the inside on the DVL is 6 and the collar is 6 so they're a near match. I think I could get it down on it but haven't forced it yet. It just looks unfinished to me that way, I'm figuring there has to be a better way. I think I'll call the stove shop and bother them, I'm sure they'll have the answers right off the bat.

rdust said:
Highbeam said:

It does not appear to fit my Lopi, I hate it also! :lol: I ordered it without the damper so I'll be returning this one.

How does the pipe connect to your heritage? I have to look closer but I think the DVL pipe will fit the collar without any adapter.

On the heritage, the double wall plain end shoves right into the stove's collar for an exceptionally tight fit. It is meant to be done this way. I wanted the damper but the adapter is a no-go. I actually found the damper rod/spring/mounting method to be just garbage on this simpson adapter as well so I am glad to see it go.

Perhaps other brands of pipe have a clue.

Highbeam said:
On the heritage, the double wall plain end shoves right into the stove's collar for an exceptionally tight fit. It is meant to be done this way. I wanted the damper but the adapter is a no-go. I actually found the damper rod/spring/mounting method to be just garbage on this simpson adapter as well so I am glad to see it go.

Perhaps other brands of pipe have a clue.

I'm pretty sure this is the way mine will be, it just doesn't look finished though. I agree on the damper, looking at the rod just punching through the pipe I'm not sure how it doesn't leak!?

Status
Not open for further replies.