Arborist in Central Ohio - Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jwoair23

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2011
Ohio
I have an extremely large beech tree in my backyard that seems to be struggling this year. It is paler than the other beech, and has lost a lot of leaves. I'd like to see if there is an arborist that could evaluate and potentially treat, any recommendations in mid-ohio?

Also - anyone with experience on beech issues? I know of beech leaf disease, but it doesnt seem to be that from my observations as the leaves aren't leathery. They just look lighter colored and foliage is less dense?

I have an extremely large beech tree in my backyard that seems to be struggling this year. It is paler than the other beech, and has lost a lot of leaves. I'd like to see if there is an arborist that could evaluate and potentially treat, any recommendations in mid-ohio?

Also - anyone with experience on beech issues? I know of beech leaf disease, but it doesnt seem to be that from my observations as the leaves aren't leathery. They just look lighter colored and foliage is less dense?
Here once the beech get bigger they start getting hollow, I started taking more damaged beech in the last three years.

We have a beech bark disease on some of our trees, I'll take those in certain areas.