Are most pellet brands regional?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DneprDave

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2011
Western WA
I don't see any of the pellet brands discussed on this forum, here in Western Washington.
The only exception I see discussed around here, that is sold locally, is Pres-to-Log brand, which is also the most expensive, $248/ton, I don't know how they sell them around here.

The ones I see around here are are Clean Burn, Olympus, and Cascade (which is made by Olympus). I don't see any mention of these brands on the forum.

All are good quality softwood pellets that range $189 to $198/ton.

What are the national brands of wood pellets?

Dave

Yes, AFAIK, most pellets are made regionally.

Presto-Logs are made by Lignetics, which has plants around the country (Idaho, Va, & W. Va.).....that's why you see them in your area. One of the few "national" brands.

Dave
Blazers are made in columbia city Ore and sold at Winco of all places by the bag, Home depot in lacey had them 3 weeks ago. Fred Meyers sold alaska to north , southern Cal, and I am no longer certian on how far east, last load I hauled east was salt lake city ut. 187 to 229 a ton
Lignetics are made in sand point Id and are available in elma and montasano feed stores i thinks
bear mountian is made in Cascade Locks ore a guy in yelm has them on craigs list 239 + ton
Atlas/Olympus/Cascade depending on who has the cash that year.... costco 189 a ton
Clean Burn (manke Lumber ) tacoma tide flats sold all over 199. a ton everyday of the year
I forget the prineville ore name but 229 + ton

lowes had the prestos for 209 3 weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.