Armor flex vs Flex king hd

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Joyboy

Burning Hunk
Jan 22, 2017
Wyoming
Is there any noticeable difference between the two?

I have two chimneys I have to line. One for a stove and the other for a insert. Both chimneys are about 13' from stove to top of masonry. I was thinking about getting a 30' section of flex pipe and cutting it in half to do both chimneys. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get the 15' minimum just yet.

The armor flex was a couple hundred more than the flex king hd.

I use armor flex all the time and have never even seen flex king hd but the flex king is similar thickness and construction I would say they should be pretty comparable. I would check the price of the 30' plus all the individual components and insulation kits. And compare that to a 15' tee kit and a 15' insert kit. For us unless we are buying a couple hundred feet the kits are usually cheaper.

Is there any noticeable difference between the two?

I have two chimneys I have to line. One for a stove and the other for a insert. Both chimneys are about 13' from stove to top of masonry. I was thinking about getting a 30' section of flex pipe and cutting it in half to do both chimneys. I'm not sure yet how I'm going to get the 15' minimum just yet.

The armor flex was a couple hundred more than the flex king hd.

I can only comment on the flex king hd as I have no experience with the other. In my three years burning with it I've had no problems. It cleans up well with the smooth interior wall. Also the folks at chimney liner depot shipped fast and packaged well. The kit I got was 20 foot long with insulation that was applied with a spray adhesive then covered with a metal mesh sleeve. I cut 5 feet or so off and I'll say it's tough stuff to get through on the roof so cutting while on the ground would be easier. I'd definitely buy it again need be.

Thank you for the feedback. In the flex king two 15' liner kits were about $1800. One 30' kit was $1200, since I will have to get custom tops made to extend the chimney 2' anyway, all I would need extra would be an appliance connecter.

Looks like Chimney liner depot offers custom made tops as well so I'll probably give them a call Monday.