"Ash?" blowing from Harman TL200 stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkmike

Dec 7, 2008
Southern IL
Hello everyone,

I purchased a Harman TL200 woodstove last year. It was installed and worked great until just recently. Last week it started blowing what appeared to be a very fine mist of ash from the fan outlets on top of the stove. I let the fire go out and completely cleaned the stove. It is doing the same thing again. There appears to be this ash falling from a rectangle shaped hole on the back of the stove above the blower motor...I see the ash collect after I clean it in a few days.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks,
Mike

First year here with my harman TL200 insert and i have been finding some small piece's of matter on top along the air exhaust.When i open to add wood or poke it a bit some ash escapes to the front of the stove.I'm guessing that this may be fine ash that is getting in sucked in the front fan intake then circulating to the output..

Status
Not open for further replies.