Ash deflector question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mixpat

Dec 10, 2013
Bedford, New Hampshire
Hi All,

I have a 2yr old Timberwolf TPS35 stove. I don't see much about this stove on this site, but it's actually a pretty decent mid-level stove. The one thing I don't like about it is ash buildup on the door glass. Timberwolf must have determined this was a problem too, because the new version of this stove includes an ash deflector, which is mounted to the upper door opening. I've tried to contact Timberwolf about buying this deflector several times, but am getting no response from them (except an automated "thank you for contacting us, we'll get right back to you". Frustrating. I don't see this part available on any of the traditional stove part sites and a local dealer doesn't have it listed as an available part. My question...is this something I could make? It looks like a simple piece of metal that runs the length of the upper door opening...held on by 3 small screws. It angles down, maybe 45 degrees. If I tried to fabricate it, can I use sheet metal or do I need something a little more hefty? Thanks for looking...love this site!

Might want to see if the dealer would try calling a couple of times for you... may get better response. Keep trying. Hopefully someone with more experienced on the fabrication part will chime in ... Only thought is that they received certification on current design so if you alter and there are future problems you may be SOL (manufacturer or insurance).

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.