Ash Vacuum Recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
while very risky when in a time crunch, like the customer didn't turn the stove off before i get there to work on it, i've vacuumed out a stove maybe 10-20 min after it was turned off. very risky and not recommended, but if you only take up smaller amounts of hot ash it will cool enough as it is sucked in to not light the filter.....
Precisely, which is why I said I wait until long after the stove has cooled off. Actually, I clean the stove out with a small brush and dustpan daily then use the vacuum to gather up the remnants once or twice a week.

I`m looking for a vac that is the least messy one to change filters. Disposing of ashes from the cloth/paper disc filters in my old shop vac is messier than cleaning the stove itself.
Are there any available with a throwaway bag filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.