ashby-p insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is the stove? What settings are you using? What brand & type of pellets are you using? I'm not familiar with the stove so hopefully someone will chime in that is familiar with the St Croix stove and/or inserts...

my stove doesnt seem to be pushing out much heat i evpected it to be much hotter????

I have the same stove and it is a 2014 model. I use a wood stove magnetic thermometer on the side and have a maximum outside stove temp of 200*. The air that comes out the front tubes is 235* measured with a digital meat thermometer.

The heat setting: High/Low red led flashing on mine is set on # 3. I am not sure of the other settings at the moment.

I am having issues with the Braeburn thermostat. It comes on when call for heat at 72* but won’t shut down. The stove is still running after 3 + hrs with the inside house temp at 78*. I have to physically turn the t-stat down for it to shut down.

Otherwise the stove seems to do a nice job. I use about 1 bag (40 lbs ) a day (24hrs) when the outside temp is 20-30*. I really won’t know until we really get the cold weather.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.