Ashes to front of a Fireview 201?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ESVA Fireview

Dec 17, 2012
Accomac, VA
Ok so here is my silly question of the day..I know that when I am reloading my stove I am suppose to rake my ashes to the front of the stove but since I have a FIreview 201 and the air adjustment is on the side door shouldnt I rake the coals to the door? That is what I have always done but I am afraid that I might be doing it all wrong. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks for your help.

When I've read posts about raking hot coals to the front of the stove for reloading the person is generally talking about having a dog house up front where the primary air enters. That's why they talk about putting the coals in the front so the incoming air can blow on them to throw lots of heat and flames onto the new load of wood for a quick light up. With your air entering from the side door you want to rake the coals to the door like you have been doing. I have a Woodstock Classic with the same set up.

Reactions: ddddddden
Status
Not open for further replies.