Ashford 30 installed today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drz1050

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2014
Ballston Lake, NY
Finally in.. the hearth still needs work on the far side, but the guys had an opening today so I wanted it in. Lining that back wall with stone as well. Floor will be wide plank pine.

I think it looks awesome in the space, can't wait until everything is finished.

Total flue height is 16', with 2 45's in the attic. Not sure if this will be ok, might need to add a couple more feet to the top, but trying this for now. Should be a little chilly tonight, so gonna try a test fire then. Had a small newspaper fire earlier, and there was smoke spillage, but it was also warmer outside than inside.

That big chunk of wood against the wall is going to be the mantle, thinking about putting it right at the top of that durock now.

20150924_150513.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool! Your going to love it.
Those would be 30 degree elbows in the attic, not 45's. Once it gets cold you should be ok with 16'.

That will make a nice difference this winter. Take some beauty pics and post them when done. One thing to note, make sure the mantel honors the stove pipe clearance.

A few more pics.. yes, Webby- they are 30's in the attic space, not 45s- my mistake.

Begreen- Already measured all of that, I should have right around 8" from the mantle to the double wall pipe.

20150924_140529_zps8qewfsdw.jpg 20150924_143235_zpsft6ysrdv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.