Ashley 1406

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

46FarmallH

Nov 14, 2015
Michigan
Hi,,I am new to the forum and I have recently purchased a an Ashley 1406 from TSC,,I routed the fresh air intake outside even though it stated I shouldn't have to because it is only required for mobile homes.
after installation I read that 2 90 degree turns were too many and it would restrict the airflow coming in,
I did this because of existing holes in my cement block wall where other things had came through previous.
should I knock another hole in my block and make it straight or will this be ok?
or maybe close off the block hole and route it into my basement or will that cause a negative draft with the stove?

also does anyone run a pellet stove as their main heat source?,,can it run all day without someone home?

I used to heat with wood and before that propane before the price hike

Status
Not open for further replies.