Ashley 30A add on furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moerules

Feb 18, 2010
Yale,MI
Looking for anyone that has one of these units? Just wondering how it performs and if its worth buying? Looked everywhere for a consumers report or such rating these type of units and have not found anything but from people selling other units. It is rated up to 135,000 btu and to heat up to a 3000 square foot home. Not sure if it better to have two 8'' heat outlets or one 12 inch as this one has it also has the forced draft kit included also.

anyone have anything to say about this unit planning on buying it unless there are better ones in the 1500 price range thats all my budget allows thanks for any info

Have you done a search? I think I've seen the Ashley mentioned, but forget the details offhand.... I know the old Ashley stoves were considered fairly good in their day, but by modern standards are obsolete at best, and dangerous at worst... However I'm not even sure if the furnace is made by the same company.

Gooserider

I've heard the ashleys are well built furnaces. Your 12" outlet will give more flow than 2 8". You just won't have any secondary air to help burn off the gasses, therefore you will get less heat and burn more wood. Even then, 1500 sounds like a pretty good price.

laynes69 said:
I've heard the ashleys are well built furnaces. Your 12" outlet will give more flow than 2 8". You just won't have any secondary air to help burn off the gasses, therefore you will get less heat and burn more wood. Even then, 1500 sounds like a pretty good price.
Not sure about the secondary air is that the blower in the fire box?? I do not know that much only what Ive read or been told at the stores. Thanks for your input. This is what is said about a 2nd heat exchanger. Is this any good???NEW!!! The new Ashley 30A represents the latest in a successful line of home heating furnaces offered by the solid fuel leader United States Stove Company.
Secondary Heat Exchanger with firebrick baffle for longer life
Heat Capacity is 2500-3000 sq.ft with 135,000 BTU's/hr
Unlike conventional heating (gas, oil, electric), wood or coal heating requires more user attention. This furnace, with its automatic combustion air blower, alleviates the constant need for adjusting the burning rate common to other units on the market. The fire, however, must be started and subsequent fuel added by the user.

Conventional heating system produce heat only when the thermostat

As far as a search yes i did that first but one shows up on hear and really gives no info so how about some information instead of a speach!!! Why waste both of our times???

Status
Not open for further replies.