mikkeeh Posted By mikkeeh, Oct 6, 2017 at 9:41 AM

1. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Neat looking little stove. I had a USSC 6039 that I never did get to run right. And a 5500 in my shop that does well.
    Any thoughts on this new stove? Havent seen much posted anywhere yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    Is that the one with a 25 lb. Hopper

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Yep

4. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
  5. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
  6. rich2500

rich2500
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 19, 2005
    Loc:
    Berks County PA.
    That money would be better spent on a Castle Serenity.

7. glockshooter

glockshooter
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 2, 2010
    Loc:
    Wilkes-Barre PA
    48k btu's?? I kinda like the styling of it.

8. mikkeeh

mikkeeh
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2011
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Never looked at the Serenity before....looks nice

9. igobill

igobill
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 4, 2019
    Loc:
    Redding, Ca
    First hand experience for 3 days now. the ashley ap5710 has been a nose bleed so far. It does autostart OK and then cycles to a high setting even though the indicator is still on #1 (there are 5 manual settings). It puts out a lot of heat but burns a 20 lb hopper full of pellets in 5 to 6 hours. I tried power cycling and restart to no avail. There are at least 2 other web posts hat describe the same problem. On it has www.usstove.com as the website but the ashley ap5710 does not appear when searched for. When I looked for the serial number, the stove label indicated it is made in China!, did not see that until after install. Right now I'm running in manual mode and turning off during warm part of day and restarting at night. I have to reload pellets during night, bummer. Phone calls tomorrow to try to resolve with USSTOVE. Avoid this unit.

10. igobill

igobill
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 4, 2019
    Loc:
    Redding, Ca
    Me again, AP5710 is a problem stove, many complaints the same, over firing. The last time I used it, it over fired so much I shut it off, but it just kept feeding pellets and blowing until it seemed dangerously hot so I pulled the plug. Tech service was vague and days late in responding. So I called the Tractor supply store where It was purchased , and they will take it back for a full refund. Then I bought the KP130, installed it and it's running just fine for 2 days. It responds to the panel commands and puts out heat to the point where I run it on low and it heats my 1500 sq/ft mobile just fine in near freezing weather.