Ashley wood insert w/ zero clearance??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macinfire

Jan 23, 2007
Hi, I was wondering if anyone know's what model this Ashley(at least 12 years old) insert is? I think I may not put it in not knowing if it was safe enough. Also the my vent is 8" round , this has a rectangular piece on top about 4"x 12". I don't think this is fit for a zero clearance, but I don't know?

If this one won't work, any suggestions on a wood insert? My house was built in 2001, and a Heatilator EC39 was installed. From what I know, it was a wood burning fireplace(open, no sealed doors). I burned some wood in it for a few weeks, and had some smoke problems in the house, so I decided to go with a sealed insert.

So should I scrap the old Ashley and wait to buy the right one? What are my best options here?

Thank you!

Glenn

Attachments

• 100_1675.JPG
    100_1675.JPG
    5.2 KB · Views: 506
  • 100_1676.JPG
    100_1676.JPG
    13.1 KB · Views: 589
Sorry Glenn , I dont know much about Heatilator nor do i know much about Ashley wood inserts.

I posted your question to a "lost thread" post to get you some extra looks hoping somebody that knows about these stove and Heatilator inserts would reply , but no luck.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/6258/

ok, i guess I lied, i read the reply. :cheese:

Thanks for the reply, I really didn't expect too many experts, just something....anything.

again, thank you.

Maybe do a search at the top of the forum for "Heatilator" , I remember some post on Heatilator fireplaces and what inserts can be installed on a prefab fireplace. I think normally the stove manual will say but my guess you dont have the manual as your asking about the insert.

If no hits here i would call a stove dealer and ask about the Heatilator and your set up , hard to say if they would know about Ashley. Its not like Ashley as not been heard of , i just dont know much about there inserts.

Maybe one of our dealers and or others will jump in on this thread.

Glen is the Ashley listed for Pre fab installation? If it is not listed to be installed ina pre fab then it can not be used you have to research to find an insert listed for pre fab installations you will need to know the type of Vent pipe TH2100 or the 1700 degree pipe the 1700 degree pipe cannot be used witha wood stove or insert. Tou have to know the UL approval of you pre fab fire place supply this info and I can look up the standards and provide some options Most modern Inserts require only being installed in UL listed Pre fab fireplaces After my dinner and a trip shopping with my wife OI will post the required standards

Status
Not open for further replies.