Assembling stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Was at the farm store and a fella was there looking at the pipe. Said he had to replace some on his stove and thought that they came put together. I slapped three together for him in the aisle and he was pretty grateful, but it made me wonder if it might be helpful for people to see how it's done. There might already be a YouTube video, but now there's one more, lol.

Reactions: BobUrban
Nice video and a great idea! I am sure lots of people will appreciate the video.

I always use double wall stove pipe. Not much effort required to put together :)

Andrew

Reactions: Danno77
Danno -you are better than I at this for sure. My buddy and I wrestled with some for a while when we put the stove into his workshop.

Reactions: Danno77
I had a 4 footer that just wouldn't go together. I had snapped together plenty other pieces when I put a new roof on my house and put in a new range hood and a few bathroom vents so I wasn't new to the game. I did everything to get this pipe together. Finally went to a different store and they carried the duravent pieces that already are assembled.Much nicer pipe too.

Good video

Status
Not open for further replies.