attaching a new pellet stove- interior chimney connection options...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

quickrch

Mar 28, 2009
Northern, VA
I have a basic question. We got a new pellet stove...and I am very excited to hook it up. We have a great duravent chimney going up outside, and a nice wall thimble. I want to connect our new Harman Allure50 to that chimney and because of the location, we'd like to place the stove as close as the clearances allow to the corner. I have read the installation manual and will keep the stove the appropriate distance from the walls...etc.

Is there a more adjustable interior pipe option to run out of the stove and into the chimney? I'd like to keep things nice and tight to the walls and can measure repeatedly but really wanted to know if there is a pipe manufacturer that can do that out of the stove 90 up about a foot and 90 back into the chimney...with something walled and professional grade that has minimum clearances and is consistent with multiple walled Duravent and Simpson venting.

If i can't find something, I can go to my local chimney guy, who put in my chimney and is very good...but his wait time is months...and I'd like to get it in sooner. Because a visit from him would have an expense and the chimney would still cost me...I don't mind paying a little more for a more adaptive solution with a higher material cost.

I have a basic question. We got a new pellet stove...and I am very excited to hook it up. We have a great duravent chimney going up outside, and a nice wall thimble. I want to connect our new Harman Allure50 to that chimney and because of the location, we'd like to place the stove as close as the clearances allow to the corner. I have read the installation manual and will keep the stove the appropriate distance from the walls...etc.

Is there a more adjustable interior pipe option to run out of the stove and into the chimney? I'd like to keep things nice and tight to the walls and can measure repeatedly but really wanted to know if there is a pipe manufacturer that can do that out of the stove 90 up about a foot and 90 back into the chimney...with something walled and professional grade that has minimum clearances and is consistent with multiple walled Duravent and Simpson venting.

If i can't find something, I can go to my local chimney guy, who put in my chimney and is very good...but his wait time is months...and I'd like to get it in sooner. Because a visit from him would have an expense and the chimney would still cost me...I don't mind paying a little more for a more adaptive solution with a higher material cost.

If my interpretation of this is correct, you are trying to tie into your existing Duravent? If so, which duravent do you have, they offer two different lines.