Auber thermometer Q's: Is remote easy to re-sync if unplugged & moved? Buzzers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mar13

Minister of Fire
Nov 5, 2018
California redwood coast
I'm tired of repeatedly making trips to the stove to keep an eye on the fire and I'd also like a more responsive read of the flue temperatures than my Condar probe when cutting down the air. The wireless AT210 seems to be highly recommended on Hearth.com.

I saw one post where the person asked about moving the remote unit (AT210-B) from room-to-room and @begreen gave a link to a battery pack that might work. I was thinking I could just unplug it (say from the office) and then plug it back in when in the other room (say the kitchen). How much work, if any, is it to re-sync the AT210-B to the thermometer unit (AT210-A)?

Has anybody had any luck with the battery power units? I have access to a Rasperberry Pi that is sitting around the house, but I don't have the skills or time to learn those skills to create the remote monitor that forum poster has managed to create.

I see a piezo buzzer/light is an option at Auber when buying the thermometer. Who uses those? People in a factory set-up or in a large outdoor setting? (I don't think the sound of a fire alarm buzzer would be well received in my house.) But if it's useful in a house, I'd be interested in learning more.

Thanks.

I'm tired of repeatedly making trips to the stove to keep an eye on the fire and I'd also like a more responsive read of the flue temperatures than my Condar probe when cutting down the air. The wireless AT210 seems to be highly recommended on Hearth.com.

I saw one post where the person asked about moving the remote unit (AT210-B) from room-to-room and @begreen gave a link to a battery pack that might work. I was thinking I could just unplug it (say from the office) and then plug it back in when in the other room (say the kitchen). How much work, if any, is it to re-sync the AT210-B to the thermometer unit (AT210-A)?

Has anybody had any luck with the battery power units? I have access to a Rasperberry Pi that is sitting around the house, but I don't have the skills or time to learn those skills to create the remote monitor that forum poster has managed to create.

I see a piezo buzzer/light is an option at Auber when buying the thermometer. Who uses those? People in a factory set-up or in a large outdoor setting? (I don't think the sound of a fire alarm buzzer would be well received in my house.) But if it's useful in a house, I'd be interested in learning more.

Thanks.
I use an Auber (not the unit you mentioned) and have for several years. I like the unit and it works well for our needs. The alarm is not a fire alarm but small buzzer. Nice volume for the stove room. I use a Wyze camera in front of the Auber digital display to monitor while I am working in my home office in the basement. With the Wyze I can monitor my temps from anywhere.

Last edited:
I've used a battery powered meter on my thermocouple and the battery doesn't last a season mine uses a 9V. I have the Auber AT100C on it now and it works great and it's easy to read from across the room, battery powered I had to walk up to it. The Auber I have has an alarm for high and low and 2 different settings for each. In learning how to use it the alarm went off right after we went to bed, my mistake in programming. I just set both high and low at 1700 and don't really care about the alarm setting. It does have a max temp memory you can check and reset. I do have a probe for the flue but haven't drilled my pipe, I would have to swap sensors to check as my meter only has 1 input.

I've used a battery powered meter on my thermocouple and the battery doesn't last a season mine uses a 9V. I have the Auber AT100C on it now and it works great and it's easy to read from across the room, battery powered I had to walk up to it. The Auber I have has an alarm for high and low and 2 different settings for each. In learning how to use it the alarm went off right after we went to bed, my mistake in programming. I just set both high and low at 1700 and don't really care about the alarm setting. It does have a max temp memory you can check and reset. I do have a probe for the flue but haven't drilled my pipe, I would have to swap sensors to check as my meter only has 1 input.