Auger continues to feed after shutdown - new Harmon XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some things have been misinterpreted amonst a thread that I started originally with an important question to assist and insure concern for a homeowner, but not myself. Once I got all the details of the designed operation and setup requirements of this particular brand of stove, I wanted to verify the best possible instruments for correctly performing the service that ALL customers certainly deserve. I don't get much understanding of what's going on with a pegged gage reading, nor get caught up on who does this important step - someone gets it done, and in the best way possible. In my profile here, I consider myself an "Apprentice" - this means I am branching out into a field that I not completely familiar, but anxious to excell at. I do not support any lashing out at dealers, nor put post counts into my rational with corresponding to other members. And my misspelling of "Harman" was merely an apprentice mistake, which I probably have at least a few weeks of initiation time to be let passed?

jimmie ray said:
I think some things have been misinterpreted amonst a thread that I started originally with an important question to assist and insure concern for a homeowner, but not myself. Once I got all the details of the designed operation and setup requirements of this particular brand of stove, I wanted to verify the best possible instruments for correctly performing the service that ALL customers certainly deserve. I don't get much understanding of what's going on with a pegged gage reading, nor get caught up on who does this important step - someone gets it done, and in the best way possible. In my profile here, I consider myself an "Apprentice" - this means I am branching out into a field that I not completely familiar, but anxious to excell at. I do not support any lashing out at dealers, nor put post counts into my rational with corresponding to other members. And my misspelling of "Harman" was merely an apprentice mistake, which I probably have at least a few weeks of initiation time to be let passed?

Hey, I think your doing just fine. At least your writing can be read and has punctuation in it. Compared to some of the posts I've seen on this forum your miles ahead of a lot of posters. Your posts are not all in capitals either. Your get a "A" in my book. LOL

Don't take anything seriously as a lot of the regulars like to banter back and forth and hijack threads. Do seriously take the advice and experience you get here.

Jimmie your posts have been excellent. Feel welcome, no initiation time needed!

I started reading Hearth.com a year or so before joining. I see this as a group of friends learning and sharing. We include experts, novices, dealers and particular stove enthusiasts. We may forget the expertise level of each other at times reading only at the post we are responding to. It helps if you include "for a client" (or friend) if it is not in your home.

'Watch out' comments may prevent problems or heartbreak so I welcome them even when I appear sensitive. :red:

A reply may be directed to a mid thread post and not to the starter of the thread. Mild ribbing of the Harman spelling may have been for camaraderie between imacman and smwilliamson not criticism.

I look forward to many helpful friendships in these forums. :coolsmile:
Jay

I've seen about 15 different spellings for Harman and I just run with it.....like when people say irregardlessly, or chimneychanga. Welcome to the mosh pit jimmie ray! Tell your customer that if they dump all the burning pellets into the ash pan to try to speed up the shutdown process, that its likely to do exactly the opposite, keeping the ash pan hot and tricking the stove into thinking its still hot in the burnpot.

Delta-T said:
I've seen about 15 different spellings for Harman and I just run with it.....like when people say irregardlessly, or chimneychanga. Welcome to the mosh pit jimmie ray! Tell your customer that if they dump all the burning pellets into the ash pan to try to speed up the shutdown process, that its likely to do exactly the opposite, keeping the ash pan hot and tricking the stove into thinking its still hot in the burnpot.

I appreciate everyone's positive encouragement. I'm confident that this customer will soon not have to monkey around with pellets to get the performance they paid for.

Boom said:
......Mild ribbing of the Harman spelling may have been for camaraderie between imacman and smwilliamson not criticism........

Absolutely. We have a lot of fun on this forum, mixed in with the serious stuff. ;-)

Boom said:
Jimmie your posts have been excellent. Feel welcome, no initiation time needed!

Mild ribbing of the Harman spelling may have been for camaraderie between imacman and smwilliamson not criticism.

I look forward to many helpful friendships in these forums. :coolsmile:
Jay

Precisely. Also, I did not nor would I ever intend on hijacking another's thread...just adding some humor during the slow summer months. Also...also...I have no idea what happened but my computer froze when I was posting before and my attempts to unfreeze it by clicking submit seemed to have created multiple postings from the same post....sorry for that.

Pellet Punk hugh??? Sounds fitting. I'll do something with that.

imacman said:
smwilliamson said:
....Isn't this supposed to be set by the installer toconform to warranty requirements?.....

Hmmmm....the pot calling the kettle black......that couldn't be a mistake there, could it, pellet punk??? :mad:

Toconform: tew-cun-fahm, v., Massachusetts' dialect for get with it.

smwilliamson said:
Toconform: tew-cun-fahm, v., Massachusetts' dialect for get with it.
:lol: That pic is too funny.

I should have known that a Mass. dialect had SOMETHING to do with this......anybody for some lobstah??

Status
Not open for further replies.