Auger motor bumper.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Dferr

Oct 12, 2014
Bangor, PA
Hello everyone and Merry Christamas!

I just pick up a 2009 Enviro Mini. The stove is running perfect, I've had it running nonstop for over 40 hours.
The only thing that bothers me is when running on high the Auger motor makes a pretty loud bump noise and I'm not sure why or if there is a purpose for this movement. I'll try to attach a video if I can get the file size down.

Thanks,
Don

Attachments

• Auger Motor.mp4
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 159
My stove did that also...I grabbed one of those plastic Zip Ties and wrapped it around and tightened it up and good to go!
Not sure if good idea or not but been 2 years and no issues....

Merry Christmas Dferr I can’t see the video but im assuming the bump is from the auger motor hitting the stop. Yes that would be a normal function. You can add a piece of felt (like a cupboard door pad) to the stop or motor gear box where they contact will help with the noise.

There should be a rubber stop on the bumper . It is like a small very thick elastic band
If it is missing secure the motor some how or make some kind of a bumper
I have seen the steel stop wear through the auger casing when the rubber stop is missing

I'd just make something for it if you can. Anything is better than nothing. One of mine fell off, I just put a piece of heat shrink tubing on it, which is pretty similar to what was there to start with.

The rubber hose bumpers are in place but there is some space between them, allowing the motor to kind of free float or move if needed. So I didn't want to make any alteration before I learned why it was designed that way. I believe I found some info about its movement is to aid in unclogging a possible jam.

I'll put something a little softer on to dampen it.

Thanks,
Don

They are made to have a space between motor and bumper

What did you do fix or reduce the bumping sound? I have an enviro p3 (just like the mini) and it just started doing this.