auger motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

allegmtn

Feb 3, 2008
North Central PA
I need to replace the auger motor on my stove. I've loosened the assembly feeder screw (allen bolt) so the nut spins freely but I still can't remove the motor shaft from the auger assembly. I've soaked it with penetrating oil and still no luck. Anyone ever had this happen before. Any ideas how to free this?

allegmtn said:
I need to replace the auger motor on my stove. I've loosened the assembly feeder screw (allen bolt) so the nut spins freely but I still can't remove the motor shaft from the auger assembly. I've soaked it with penetrating oil and still no luck. Anyone ever had this happen before. Any ideas how to free this?

Model and brand of Stove?

Sometimes you have to work it out with a Pry bar.
but you want to make sure you did loosen the correct set Screw/bolt.

If seen some stoves (OLDER WINRICH) it had a set screw on the inside of the hopper at the auger.

Thanks, a pry bar was what it took. Sometimes you have to ignore dad's advice about "forcing things." Proves there is a place for brute force and a little leverage.

The allen screws sometime push in to the metal rod, causing where the allen screw went to bulge out. Depending on the tight fit. You may need to pry them apart.
Removing the allen screw can help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.