auger won't stay running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

help me

Sep 15, 2014
Charles town
I have a st. Croix Prescott exl 2001 the power turns on but the lights don't also the auger won't feed the pellets unless I hold the feed button. The fire burns good the blower works but it won't feed the pellets unless I keep holding the feed button. Can anybody help me with this? My thoughts is that I need to replace the control panel.

Have you tried the dollar bill test on your door gaskets? Sounds like a vacuum issue. Got the cover off of the venting:) First fire of the season hiccups. Welcome

+1 Bio
Almost certainly sounds like a safety switch issue

[quhow do I do that e="Bioburner, post: 1761081, member: 23130"]Have you tried the dollar bill test on your door gaskets? Sounds like a vacuum issue. Got the cover off of the venting:) First fire of the season hiccups. Welcome[/quote]
Have you tried the dollar bill test on your door gaskets? Sounds like a vacuum issue. Got the cover off of the venting:) First fire of the season hiccups. Welcome
No h

[quhow do I do that e="Bioburner, post: 1761081, member: 23130"]Have you tried the dollar bill test on your door gaskets? Sounds like a vacuum issue. Got the cover off of the venting:) First fire of the season hiccups. Welcome

No h[/quote]
Elaborate please:)

TAke a dollar bill and place between door and stove and close and latch the door and try and pull the bill out, repeating the process all around the door. If the bill comes out easily there probably a issue with air leaking around the door not getting the vac switch closed.

uHow eburner, post: 1761236, member: 23130"]No h[/quote]
Elaborate please:)[/quote]
Ho
Ho
TAke a dollar bill and place between door and stove and close and latch the door and try and pull the bill out, repeating the process all around the door. If the bill comes out easily there probably a issue with air leaking around the door not getting the vac switch closed.
Does it make any difference that it still has a analog control panel?

CAn try and find the hose that connects the switch and disconnect it and try blow back thru to the stove to see if there is a blockage. After that the stove may have a loose wire?

uote="Bioburner, post: 1761260, member: 23130"]CAn try and find the hose that connects the switch and disconnect it and try blow back thru to the stove to see if there is a blockage. After that the stove may have a loose wire?[/quote]
OK I'll try that and let you know.

Good luck. I got a couple electrical projects to work on now that the outside temps are above 50

On my Afton Bay, there are two fuses in the control box. Yours probably does, too.

If the vacuum switch fails the startup test, the #2 light will blink. It is a digital control, I don't know if yours is or not.

IF you have the old style control board, the analog one with rocker switches you most likely need to upgrade to the digital board. Sounds like the controller has gone south. Common. You need the upgrade kit to the digital board. Gonna be expensive, I think St. Croix is going OOB. Parts just went up 65% to 90% across the board, multi-fuel stove discontinued, distribution consolidated to their parent company Johnson Gas and a lot of people let go from EvenTemp. I could be wrong in the analysis of the company but pretty sure I'm spot on about the diagnosis of the pellet stove.

Reactions: Owen1508
Status
Not open for further replies.