Augur time Thank you for your time and concern with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Anniegreensprings

Feb 2, 2018
Chimmney
I have an older Enviro EF2 pellet stove and I have narrowed down the the problem with it not burning hot enough on the highest setting to the augur timer. Years ago Enviro used 1 second "on " and 1 second " off " timers, on the highest setting. Now I could put a new 3 second " on " timer in but I was wondering if a person could use a 2 RPM augur motor to dump mor pellet in the burn pot instead. The cost is much cheaper for the new motor than the new timer. Thank you for your time and concern with this matter.

What has changed? Auger worn out? Timer worn out? If the auger is still working and the timer is still 1s on 1s off and your not getting the heat it may be your fuel it may point to somthing in the heat exchanger. Combustion motor? Vent clean? Passages from burn pot to combustion blower? I would exhaust all other avenues before going franken stove. Im not against experimenting but i would ck everything first

Not familiar with that time cycle- thot that on times were 3 secs and off times varied with the dial a fire setting... don't think i'd be trying an auger motor not intended for that unit. I'd fix the timer/ feed rate control...

What has changed? Auger worn out? Timer worn out? If the auger is still working and the timer is still 1s on 1s off and your not getting the heat it may be your fuel it may point to somthing in the heat exchanger. Combustion motor? Vent clean? Passages from burn pot to combustion blower? I would exhaust all other avenues before going franken stove. Im not against experimenting but i would ck everything first

I read on a few blogs that when Enviro first started putting the timers in their stoves that they used 1 second " on " timers, they then realized that this just wasn't enough time for the stove to burn properly and recommended an upgrade to a 3 second " on " timer. I also lit the stove and added a few pellets by hand to see if a few more pellets would help, it did, that's why I'm just wondering if the augur moves the pellets twice as far up the augur with a 2 RPM motor might do the trick.

Thank you for your ideas. I have checked everything on the stove and clean every part, oiled the combustion motor, ohmed out the Dial A Fire. What I found was there just isn't enough pellets dropping into the fire pot. I timed the "on " side of the augur timer and all I get is 1.4 seconds, on the highest setting, it's just not long enough. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and purchase a new 3 second " on " timer. If that isn't quite enough I can always put on a 2 RPM motor too. I can always turn the stove down and f it's too much. Thanks again .