Aurora Fireplace Insert - Can I Retrofit to a newer blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mcooper5

I have recently purchased an older Aurora Fireplace Insert. I believe the model is (Aurora 3L1X Insert). I have included a photo of the unit before I cleaned it up and the blower unit. This unit has three fans and only one is functioning correctly. I can find replacement motors but what I really want to do is replace the fans with a squirrel cage type of fan or something better. Are there retrofits out there for sell or can this be done?
Is this advised or should I stay away from this idea? The three fans do fit into three holes in the front/bottom of the unit. So any retrofit probably wouldn't fit in those holes.

Thoughts and thank you in advance for your input.

647EBCAB-7A7F-41D3-904D-4E0757AD04CE_1_105_c.jpeg
IMG_3363.jpeg

Can't hurt to try. If the final install is NOT going to be installed in a common area where looks count, I'd go for it.
There are industrial suppliers like McMaster-Carr & Grainger that offer fans for all KINDS of machines,
& something along those lines, i.e., high heat, heavy use applications could probably be adapted with some
metal fabrication. Might not look to pretty, but if it works...