Austroflam insert issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

abaton6

Jan 6, 2011
Vermont
I have an old Austroflamm Integra pellet insert. Lately , it has been shutting itself down. It starts up fine, but soon after the circ fan comes on, it shuts itself off. The circuit board was rebuilt last year, and has worked fine last winter, and up to now. Any suggestions where to begin looking for the problem? Thanks.

Signed,

Chilly in Vermont

Sounds to me like it's filthy inside the exhaust tract.

Reactions: abaton6 and Ssyko
Ill try and jump out the low limit switch today,....see what happens. If that's not it I'll have to pull it out of the fireplace and check the tailpipe.

Why I've never been fond of insert stoves at all. Much easier to deal with freestanding. Especially if you have to pull it for any reason.

Reactions: abaton6
Well , this my have been the problem. The low limit switch on the flue fan housing. LOL

Attachments

• grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 110