Avalon Astoria Insert Ignition

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NVblue

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2008
Reno, NV
I solved the mystery of the why the auger and fans wouldn't work, a bad circuit board. Now I am not getting any response from the igniter. The auger drops pellets, the exhaust fan blows, but no flame, no heat. Is it possible that I reversed the wires when I was hooking it back up after checking the unit? It seems like a pretty simple system, not unlike a car cigarette lighter.

Again, thanks for the helpful responses.

Happy Thanksgiving!

First thing...is the stove under warranty? If so, have the dealer figure it out.

If not (or you just don't want to wait for a service call), then there are a couple of things to check: are you sure the burnpot is installed correctly? If it's backward, there isn't any hole for the heat to blow through onto the pellets....I did this once during a cleaning and couldn't figure out why the pellets wouldn't ignite. LOL

Only other thing that the service guide I have says to do is to unplug the stove, remove the back panel, locate the 2 wires that go to the ignitor, and unplug. Then connect 110v to the ignitor leads (I made a power cord to check motors, etc., from an old lamp cord).

Plug it in, open the front door, remove burn pot, and watch to see if ignitor gets hot.....if not, ignitor is bad. If it does, you still have control board problems.

I know that doing the ignitor check isn't as easy on an insert as it is on my freestanding unit, but it's the only way to find out for sure.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.