avalon insert issues!! Electrical in some way I'm sure!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Idahoan

Sep 30, 2017
Cascade, Idaho
For three years now I've had a start up issue with my insert.. Of course we all know if the poor quality in the plastic faced control board and it wearing through and exposing the actual actuators. That being said I thought that was part of my problem of having to hit the actuators two,three or more times to actually getting the auger to feed the pellets to start! Wrong, I ordered a new board and I still have to hit the start button two or three times to get it to start? The auger is free, it seems there is an electrical issue to me, anyone else having the isssue or have an answer? Doesn't seem to matter whether I'm in the manual mode or working off the thermostat. ????

Need more info ! does the fire start and go out? does it feed pellets and quit
feeding pellets ? Does it just not start no fans ,pellet feeding ? with answers to the questions
we may be able to help

Need more info ! does the fire start and go out? does it feed pellets and quit
feeding pellets ? Does it just not start no fans ,pellet feeding ? with answers to the questions
we may be able to help
With the manual button switch or thermostat on start up Auger doesn't feed fast enough to start a fire then it defaults on it's own.. I have to hit the Start manual button a couple of times to engage the auger at it's regular speed.. Then it fires up and works continually till the thermostat kicks off or we manually shut it down.. Rarely does startup work normally.. As said once it starts the stove works flawlessly. Just getting it going is the issue.. Stove has a new control panel so I doubt that is the issue, it did it before I replaced it.. once it fires it burns continuously untill it's shut off or we run out of pellets. Pellets feed properly after a couple of pushes on the manual button.. Listening carefully, if I here a slight thud when I push the manual button I know it will start.. you can also here the pellets falling into the burn tray when working properly??? My auger has never jammed. Ignitor seems to work fine when there are pellets present in the try.