Avalon Newport Bay Pellet Insert Auger Motor Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warmair

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2008
Eastern Pa
Auger motor not turning. Igniter and exhaust blower working, red auger motor indicator lights as usual. Replaced pellet control board and hopper snap disk but did not correct problem. Is it worth replacing flow switch. What voltage should be coming into the auger motor

I had the same problem with mine right after I had it installed. I ended up calling them back and it ended up being the Auger Motor. Just make sure there isn't anything jamming the motor from turning, if you see the red auger coming on and turning off most likely the motor is getting power.

Sounds like the vacuum switch
there is all kinds of advice about his in the Yellow sticky keys on the top of the pellet room.
My pellet stove stopped feeding pellets
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13499/

120 Volt to the motor
you could run a test plug to it

Be sure your venting and all ash traps are clean and clear
Pull the combustion blower and clean

Status
Not open for further replies.