Avalon Pellet Stove Problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2006
I have an older Avalon 900 PS pellet stove. Lately when it is shutting down, it cycles the convection fan on and off when it is cool. It eventually shuts down, but hasn't done this in the past. I can hear a faint buzzing sound when the motor is in this OFF cycle during shutdown. The motor will start back up, only to shut down and buzz after a few moments. It does this cycling for anywhere from 0-15 minutes. This cycling will also produce static through any speakers-computer, home theater, etc. so I am a little concerned that it may be drawing a lot of current. I have hotwired the fan and it seems to run fine. I haven't had a chance to check the convection snap disk yet. The manual says to heat it and see if continuity is present when over 120. It seems like an inexact test at best? Any other suggestions to try? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You probably are on the right track. I'd replace the low heat convection fan snap disk. It sounds like it's losing its 'snap'.

Status
Not open for further replies.