Avalon Ranier Secondary Tubes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snj2k2se

Hearth Supporter
Jan 10, 2008
South Jersey
I have a question about my Ranier (or 945 whatever it's called).

This fall I installed a full liner and I am finally getting a good secondary burn.

Now I am wondering, the front secondary air tube is missing one of the pins. It has one pin that keeps the tube from falling out, but it the tube that missing pin that keeps it from spinning. Can someone who has one tell me which direction the air holes should point?

It's 10 degrees here right now and the stove is cruising at 600* so I can't try and find the hole were the pin would go but I can spin it to be close with the tongs.

The front tube in my Liberty is free to rotate as well. Pin's long gone. When I think about it, I just nudge the thing so that the holes are directed roughly the same direction as those in the other tubes, which in my stove means slightly forward (toward the door) of straight down. Rick

Usually the air holes face downward and slightly forward towards the glass. Stop a the hardware store tomorrow and pick up a few stainless 1.5" cotter pins and put one in that tube.

Thanks guys, that's the direction I have them pointed now.
I'll shove a roll pin in there this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.