Awesome articles , newspaper clips and knowledge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dcompton8914

Mar 1, 2020
Springfield OR
Hello
My grandpa is Bobby Fisher and Id like to say I have been reading through these threads for a few days and I am quite impressed with the time knowledge and detail you have provided. It’s great to see and learn and recap on his legacy. I have almost screenshot all images of papers and such to get printed off .
my grandpa would’ve loved to see this.
thank you so much ! I’ve enjoyed the read. Danielle

Thanks so much ! You don't know how many times I was tempted to call him and simply didn't want to bother him or your Grandmother with a silly assumption he just wanted to avoid the old stove business altogether. When I read his obit about how he loved contact with like minded folks, I was devastated. We had sooo much in common, with my tractors and older steam farming equipment. I got away from the more dangerous rebuilding and maintenance of antique boilers to collect his stoves and collect all the information I could without posting personal information. I may have a lot of links and newspaper articles that would interest you too.
I actually wanted to run it past him when the AG museum was in the works, to fly my collection of all his stoves to display for others to enjoy his works. I don't think I posted a few personal pics I have, my fave of your grandparents walking away down the street, hand in hand. I believe it was on his daughters facebook page.
I'm still in contact with a few old neighbors of theirs with some of the very first stoves.
Feel free to drop me a private message by clicking the user name on the left and "start a conversation". I pulled a lot of information together from pics from the tractor club and old newspaper clippings.

I know about the skid or more of old Fisher Story books, but I'd love to know how the one he sent and put a note to me on the inside cover got into my mailbox on the East Coast! Maybe we'll never know.

Great hearing from you!

Welcome to the forum @dcompton8914 !

Coaly has some impressive knowledge of Fisher Stoves, and an impressive collection of Fisher stoves. It's great to know that you found this forum.

Reactions: dcompton8914
Since this will become the news articles, clips and ads thread, your reading has just began;
I'll post links to some company articles and ads here for others to enjoy. This is how I put a timeline on when new models were introduced, number of stoves produced and other history I've put together. Gives you an idea of my work in progress. Paging through these archived papers you'll find many articles on other stove manufacturers and ads in the area giving you an idea of the competition and stove manufacturing in this era.

Seattle Times; Inventor Recalls Bygone Millions

Times News; Thank You for Waiting - All New Fireplace Insert June 19, 1979
Hawkeye's Fisher Stove Works;

Glen Mawer, Ontario Canada builder's story; The Montreal Gazette
Feb. 9, 1978

Bruce Jones joins Fisher Stoves International as Director of Marketing.
John Lynn President; April 9, 1978

It wasn't always pretty; Stove maker sues Fishers over discount; May 13, 1980

Reactions: Todd67 and Jason721
National Convention in Eugene with 38 Fabricators June 22, 1977; Henry Eaton President, also giving Eatons business history;
Selling 15,000 to 25,000 stoves a month - US and Canada.

Money was tight in 1985. Earl Wing owner of Fisher - Century Corp. was ready to pull out of Eugene - Springfield;
April 14, 1985

Emission Standards shake up the industry;
May 4, 1984

February 20, 1979 We need more stoves ! Fisher gives contracts to two Eugene companies to build stoves for them; Earl Wing President of Industrial Construction and Crown American Irrigation will make the mobile home approved Goldilocks. (That's not a typo, "irrigation")

Last edited:
Reactions: Todd67 and Jason721
Since someones birthday is coming up in 2 days, here's their birth announcement from March 17, 1987.
Searching keywords many times found all sorts of things from ads selling hay to tea parties held at your great grandparents. Yes, it felt creepy putting this together. My grandson calls me a "creeper" to this day.

A daughter to Tristan and Robert; March 14, 1987
Bottom left of page.

Bob's own Stove and Antique Store ad April 9, 1980; Stove testing with UL approval

Goldilocks enters the market;
October 18, 1978 Beaver County Times;

Clifford Shirley settles out of court; Sept. 19, 1980. (Lawsuit post #4 above)