Baffle position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pmgnut

Aug 14, 2009
CT
Hi all, Jim from the NE USA here. My father in law has an older Efel wood stove, Symphony model. He knocked the front baffle out of the channel with a log. Would anyone know the correct position the baffle should be in? Its a steel plate, one end has a short 90 degree bend and the other end is just flat. On one side there are 2 large nipple like things sticking up out of the plate. I believe it is part # 75 in the below picture. Can I assume it should be inserted back in the way it's shown below?
fbf706148ebc09df7b1a0560f6a5833714cd6e61-Symphony_Wood_Briquette_3.jpg

Not familiar with your unit, but all schematics show the correct orientation of the components.
They do NOT tell you how to get them into that position...