New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Bangor, ME Lowes - Inferno Gold $5.19

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WickedBub

Jan 28, 2017
Newburgh, ME
I picked up 4 bags of Inferno Gold at the Bangor Lowes for $5.19 per bag ($260/ton). This is my first year with a pellet stove and I haven't used them before, so I can't vouch for how well they're going to burn. So far I have used Maine Wood's (AE Robinson), Corinth (Erickson's Hardware), and Energex (Dysarts) and they've been roughly the same price. I couldn't really say one has burned any better than another. Luckily it doesn't take a lot to heat this little 850 sq ft. house :)

I picked up 4 bags of Inferno Gold at the Bangor Lowes for $5.19 per bag ($260/ton). This is my first year with a pellet stove and I haven't used them before, so I can't vouch for how well they're going to burn. So far I have used Maine Wood's (AE Robinson), Corinth (Erickson's Hardware), and Energex (Dysarts) and they've been roughly the same price. I couldn't really say one has burned any better than another. Luckily it doesn't take a lot to heat this little 850 sq ft. house :)
I like the Inferno Golds. I have burned about 1/2 ton and my son has burned almost 2 ton without any issues. I have a P43 and my son has a P38

I can't say I have too much in the way of complaints. I'm starting in on bag #3. The house is warm, very little difference in the amount I'm burning (about a bag a day), and the amount of ash is comparable to the other brands I have tried. I do keep it at a pretty low-mediumish burn (room temp/auto, keeping a baseboard thermostat 15 feet away at 73-74) so we don't roast ourselves out.

I would encourage you to try the fireside ultras at HD in Bangor as well. Burn very hot with average ash, similar price. Been burning these in my Harman for 4 years and have tried all the others locally, always go back to these and think they're the best around.

I would encourage you to try the fireside ultras at HD in Bangor as well. Burn very hot with average ash, similar price. Been burning these in my Harman for 4 years and have tried all the others locally, always go back to these and think they're the best around.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely pick up a few bags so I can try them out.

I've had good luck with the Inferno Gold pellets. I've burned almost a ton without any issues. My only problem is that my local Lowes ran out of them. I'll have to check other stores.

They did the trick in my Harmon. I'd say pluses for the Inferno Golds, judging just by the few bags I got, are a consistent smaller size to the pellets and fewer fines in the bags. That's just comparing with the few other brands I've picked up (Corinth, Energex, and Maine Woods). Generally those 3 have been good as well, but I did just have an oddball bag of Corinth pellets that were much darker and longer (1"+) than the other bags of Corinth I've used.