Bar Oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Not really. The after effects of heavy chemo did however. Other 'parts' as well.
Good to hear you survived the chemo,stay healthy,stay positive,and enjoy life:cool:

I have been using an off brand bar lube that I bought at an ACE hardware store. I have had a problem with the chain seizing up when cutting my first log-it usually does not do it when I am limbing though. If I am cutting a pine log, it is almost like I can count on having to remove the chain and adding lube to the bar track. I may just be my saw, but it is pretty frustrating. I thought perhaps it might be the thicker bar lube that I have been using. Once I cut for a few minutes, it never happens again until another cold startup.