Barefoot pellets..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
just curious anyone here has burned barefoot hardwoods and could compare to good softwoods they have burned past couple years.

I've burned only Barefoot for the past 3 1/2 years. They burn pretty clean and imo last a little longer. Back b4 I used them, I kept track of some different ones i used (Dry Creek, New England, TS) and Barefoot worked best in my Harmon Absolute 43.

I've burned only Barefoot for the past 3 1/2 years. They burn pretty clean and imo last a little longer. Back b4 I used them, I kept track of some different ones i used (Dry Creek, New England, TS) and Barefoot worked best in my Harmon Absolute 43.
burned a few bags few yrs ago and they seemed long..[could hear the slideplate crunch them] but i understand they are small kernal size now/? also seemed very ashy..

I do notice some longer pellets. Hear a crunch as the auger feeds them. But not very often. I empty my ash pan 1x a week. It's about 14x10x4". If that helps..

I do notice some longer pellets. Hear a crunch as the auger feeds them. But not very often. I empty my ash pan 1x a week. It's about 14x10x4". If that helps..
Sounds like size of my harman ashpan. Burning softwoods i empty mine once month and its still only half full.

20200126_124731.jpg

I at first was going to get a pellet stove because of the clean burning and convenience of it but changed my mind because I did not want to have to use just pellets in case of a emergency and the east coast seems to have all the good pellets to burn and here in co I was depending on HD and Ace and places like that with soft pellets and not hard one like where you are...Those pellet stoves are convenient and nice and they have thermostats and so much easier but they need electricity and I wanted a stove that did not depend on that and not have to have some special back up batteries...The name Barefoot is a neat now for pellets...enjoyed the knowledge..clancey

I at first was going to get a pellet stove because of the clean burning and convenience of it but changed my mind because I did not want to have to use just pellets in case of a emergency and the east coast seems to have all the good pellets to burn and here in co I was depending on HD and Ace and places like that with soft pellets and not hard one like where you are...Those pellet stoves are convenient and nice and they have thermostats and so much easier but they need electricity and I wanted a stove that did not depend on that and not have to have some special back up batteries...The name Barefoot is a neat now for pellets...enjoyed the knowledge..clancey
living here in the East, most of our Box stores, Ace, Walmart etc sell Hardwoods exclusively..
i burn Softwoods from private dealers..
have a generator for power outtages which have used many times over the 8 yrs burning.