Barefoot pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roadking88

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2011
central Maine
where in central Maine can you get barefoot pellets...
burning mpw now and looking to try something different....

Might have a tough time getting any. A local stove shop that used to sell ONLY Barefoot's (for a long time) has given up....they can't get any. They were told by Bearfoot that they are having BIG problems getting fiber.

ok thanks for the reply's.......

My local supplier also stopped carrying Barefoot. His reason was based upon price though. He continues to carry Hamers and just started to sell GAP.

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
http://www.barefootpellet.com/dealerlocation.html

Use the link above to local a local dealer.

tried that may times J they dont reply also Fuel@ addy

For crying out loud give them a call 570-297-1297, more than one way to skin a pellet.

oldmountvernon said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
http://www.barefootpellet.com/dealerlocation.html

Use the link above to local a local dealer.

tried that may times J they dont reply also Fuel@ addy

For crying out loud give them a call 570-297-1297, more than one way to skin a pellet.

:) Smokey i saw that number posted in the contact info but always got a answering machine.

Did you leave a message?

Call Kenny at South Shore Wood Pellets in Holbrook, MA., He might have some. Barefoots can be scarce these days. They are having fiber supply issues and supplies are limited! FYI

The folks at Southern Maine Renewable Fuels have been out of Barefoot for quite awhile now.

Spruce's are a tad cleaner then Okies. Okies have a tick more heat. Pretty much equals them out. Both excellent pellets IMHO. Price would be the kicker!

SP are railed into New England. Its a long ride and lots of vib's a long the way! So the fines would be more than a local pellet. But I have purchase many in the past and didn't find them to be all that bad. Well withing spec of <.5% allowed. YMMV as they say!

Keep us posted!

oldmountvernon said:
j-takeman said:
SP are railed into New England. Its a long ride and lots of vib's a long the way! So the fines would be more than a local pellet. But I have purchase many in the past and didn't find them to be all that bad. Well withing spec of <.5% allowed. YMMV as they say!

Keep us posted!

Im on my way to TSC instead right now im not passing Hamer hot ones at 217

Hey, save some for us you pig! ;-) hehe jk!

I just picked up a ton of Barefoots in RI on Saturday. The shop owner told me he placed a huge order in the spring because Barefoot is notorious for running low on inventory. There were only a few tons left when I picked these up.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 403
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 392
JBiBBs5 said:
I just picked up a ton of Barefoots in RI on Saturday. The shop owner told me he placed a huge order in the spring because Barefoot is notorious for running low on inventory. There were only a few tons left when I picked these up.

How much per ton, if you don't mind me asking? My local supplier was quoting around $250 this past Spring, so we settled on Hamers for $225/ton.

PA_Clinker said:
JBiBBs5 said:

How much per ton, if you don't mind me asking? My local supplier was quoting around $250 this past Spring, so we settled on Hamers for $225/ton.

I picked up Barefoot in September $230/ton, 4 tons. $45 cheaper then Hamers a ton at the time at least. It's a toss up for me which burns better in my stove. I get more heat from the Hamers though.

tkrock said:
PA_Clinker said:
JBiBBs5 said:

I picked up Barefoot in September $230/ton, 4 tons. $45 cheaper then Hamers a ton at the time at least. It's a toss up for me which burns better in my stove. I get more heat from the Hamers though.

Wow, that seems like a great price for Barefoot. I'm pretty happy with the Hamers after tinkering a bit with the damper setting. But, I feel as though there are a lot of fines in the bags, which is why I decided to build a shop-vac-sifter as others here have done. I was not expecting to have to do that with an "ultra" premium pellet. Next year I'm going to try and score a few tons of Somersets instead.

tkrock said:
PA_Clinker said:
JBiBBs5 said:

I've heard you get more heat from the Hamers because they are a smaller pellet, which makes them go through your auger faster, since more can fit in the same space.

Wow, $230 is a great price. I paid $289 for the ton I just purchased but I'm sure I could have saved a few bucks if I had bought them in the Spring.

I really don't mind paying a little extra for some top notch pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.